Re: Waste Vegtable Oil as Fuel

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 04:56:57 PDT

The "conversion" generally involves installing heating devices, such as a
coolant heated fuel tank, heated fuel lines and filter(s). Heating is
required for VO to reduce the viscosity, which is still higher than regular
diesel even when heated to 180F,BTW, but low enough to be atomized
satisfactorily.
The conversion gives you a two tank installation, one heated and one for
petrodiesel for starting the engine and warming the veggie oil.
You can still run regular petro diesel in either tank, so the answer is
"yes". VO mixes just fine with diesel/biodiesel. When running a mix, the
fuel does not have to be heated extensively.

Bjorn