M35 power surge

From: Jim Stead (Gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 19:51:20 PDT

Hey list,

  I've noticed that when I release the accelerator pedal in my deuce there's
a momentary increase or surge in power before deceleration. It's really
quite obvious since I'm expecting an immediate drop in power when I take my
foot off the pedal. But I have a brief second of slight acceleration...not
just holding on to the last throttle position. Anyone know what causes this?
Is it the beginning of the end for my injection pump? Worries me, because it
makes me feel like the truck could just run away whenever it feels like
it.....

Jim