Re: FW: Listers. I need your thoughts.

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 17:41:14 PDT

Last time I bought something from a commercial vendor and it was not right,
they took it back and replaced it with the correct item, and ate the
additional shipping. Such an entity is responsible for the correctness of
the deal from the time the goods leave its place of business to the time
you accept the shipment. If the shipment is not right, you can refuse it.
That is how business is done and I would cast great emphasis on the words
"commercial vendor".

When all sorts of third parties get mixed up in the loop like it seems to
be here with a 3rd party tire dealer, Gene himself, some friend of yours
(according to Gene) hauling the tires to you, and you yourself the buyer,
etc., if something goes wrong, the deal starts to become like a bowl of
spaghetti for all parties concerned.

I would reccommend, if you don't want to sit on the tires, to take Gene's
suggestion. Then if you still feel dissatisfied with Gene, just don't buy
anything more from him and let it go because you will be done with it. You
have aired your complaint.

Search again for 1100x20's. Titan might sell them to you direct? Find a
commercial vendor who will order them for you?

Brand new 1100x20 (Titan T-Hawk 373's) were about $175 new wholesale
(F.O.B.) from the manufacturer a couple years ago. The military also had
about 50,000 on backorder at the time.

PJ