Re: FW: Listers. I need your thoughts.

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 18:14:54 PDT

In a perfect world, I'd say whoever ultimately made the mistake in the
entire chain of events is the one who should *ultimately* bear the costs of
correcting that mistake. If I purchase a dozen Size 9 Widgets from Bob's
Widget Emporium and Bob's third-party supplier ships me Size 7 widgets -
Bob's third-party supplier ultimately made the error, but the onus is on Bob
to Make It Right. Bob can then go back to his third-party supplier to
recoup his losses, as that supplier was responsible for creating the
situation to begin with. That's the Honourable Thing in my mind. It's
what I'd do as the Vendor.

Disclaimer: I've known Dan Jahn for years and years. I've also dealt with
Gene through work and think he's a straight shooter. So much for my 2
cents.