Re: Cheap hydrogen fuel for diesel or gas - "Brown's gas" from water -acetone

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 19:43:46 PDT

Marty Galyean wrote:

> That is how it works. It provides for a more complete burn of the
> liquid fuel.

This brings me back to the posts about adding acetone to the gasoline in a
car. I accepted as fact that 2oz./10gal. of acetone reduces surface tension
of gasoline (still don't know about that). I said I would report on it.

It was purported to let the fuel break up into much smaller droplets and
more completely burn.

In a direct port-injected 2002 ford crown victoria, I have now completed
this trial through 10 tanks of approximately that 2oz./10gal mix and found
the mileage unchanged, that is, changed so little that I did not notice it
by odometer and gallons. At one point I said I thought I had more
acceleration but I believe it was either optomisitically subjective or the
weather was cooler. To me that means the acetone trick is hooey in a modern
car. Apparently I am already burning all or very nearly all my fuel because
I have very nice high tech fuel injectors.

In an old carbureted vehicle where the fuel is sloppily spewed down the
gullet of the engine, the acetone trick might work, I have not tested that.
The hydro scheme might work there too. I got my doubts in a vehicle using
injection.

PJ