Re: CUCV Hub lock indicator line

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 10:09:55 PDT

Hi Jim,
I believe mine still has the original coat of paint that it had when it
was issued. Here is the way it was done:
Thend of the hub was painted a very dark od. The center part that turns
was painted grey. Then with the
selector in the free position They painted over half of the top strip of
the selector and continued on to the hub
with a strip of light yellow, as though someone took a piece of yellow
tape the width of the selector
part and pasted it half on the selector and half on the hub, and then
cut the tape to allow the selector to be turned.
The whole thing is very well blended together and ofcourse fadded by
being in nevada most of it's life.
Bruce MVPA 23824