Re: CUCV Hub lock indicator line

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 10:22:07 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu" <stuinnh@mvnut.us>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV Hub lock indicator line

> Well, I painted the part of the hub that you turn bright red. Then I
> painted the free arrow yellow, and locked arrow red. When locked all red.

All the ones I've seen with the painted line have it painted so that the
straight red line indicates UNLOCK. It works great because it lets you know
at a glance if some little b*stard's been fiddling with them in the Safeway
parking-lot or at some airshow before you drive off and experience expensive
odd noises.

I've never seen the multicoloured setup tha Stu describes before, though all
the CUCV stuff here pretty much hails from ORARNG and WARNG so they might've
done things differently elsewhere. I wonder if there's a PS magazine
article on the Red Stripe somewhere?