Re: New Toys

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 11:50:02 PDT

I agree. That was definitely a specialty haul and they guy had to load
it also! I'd say that you got a pretty good deal. If you buy your own
trailer and truck and start moving stuff around, you will figure out the
real cost of moving heavy equipment. Fuel is only part of the cost.

BTW, I had to delay my scheduled safety meeting with the INDOT officer
to review my records recently. Nothing like pissing off the Indiana
State Police as a new private carrier.

The BS that truckers have to go through in this country is amazing and I
don't even have an authorization or MC number as a public carrier. I'm
strictly a private carrier. I've seriously thought about selling my
trucks just to get rid of the BS. Running a business is bad enough as
it is, let alone having to deal with the DOT.

Dave