Re: New Toys

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 16:10:09 PDT

At 2:50 PM -0400 6/26/06, MV wrote:
>I agree. That was definitely a specialty haul and they guy had to load it also! I'd say that you got a pretty good deal. If you buy your own trailer and truck and start moving stuff around, you will figure out the real cost of moving heavy equipment. Fuel is only part of the cost.

Having made two trips in my deuce to/from Atlanta & Philly and made a number of long trips over my lifetime across country in my car to compare them too, I have nothing but a healthy respect for truck drivers. Having looked into the CDL rules and regulations, I can't see why they'd want to deal with that much headache. Admittedly, they tend to have a nicer ride than my Deuce gives me, but still, a lot of the headaches are similar and the trials of driving on the road long distance in a truck are not to be understated.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -