expanded capacity automatic tranny pan

From: mkmvpa (mkmvpa@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 16:05:13 PDT

If a stock automatic transmission pan is installed in a vehicle with an
aftermarket transmisson cooler installed in addition to the factory cooler
would an expanded capacity pan be necessary to handle the additional fluid
that would drain back while the engine is off? I have a Dodge M880 that the
tranny leaks on. this is not the original one, but a rebuilt and has an
addtional cooler in addtion to the stock one. When the new tranny was
installed a stock pan was installed with it instead of the expanded capacity
pan. Could this be the source of my leak?

Thanks,
Robert
MVPA#23437