Pictures of WW2 lowboy and Director Trailers

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 16:54:36 PDT

Here is a small .pdf (2.38MB) I made of those trailers and the prime movers. From the 9-2800 and 9-2800-1. Pic are not great but you never have to worry about hurting a CD. Wayne

http://ImageEvent.com/wharris19/trailerfromtm92800

> To: mil-veh@mil-veh.org
> From: j.wiehe@sympatico.ca
> Subject: Re: [MV] WW2 lowboy with 8 tires all in a row?
> Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:35:47 -0400
>
> Okay, my 2 cents on this trailer.
>
> Given the information that this more than likely is a WW2 trailer.
>
> From TM 9 - 2800 ( Oct. 1947 ) Page # 204.
>
> Trailer, 20 - ton, full, low bed
> Technical Manual: 5-9210
>
> Manufacturers: Rogers Bros. Corp.; Fruehauf Trailer Co.
> Classification: Limited standard.
>
> Purpose: Used by Corps of Engineers to transport crawler mounted tractors, shovels and cranes.
>
> Ground clearance: (in.) ...18
>
> Brakes: Service - air Parking - hand, mechanical.
>
> Weight ( lb ): Net - 15,220.....Payload - 40,000.....Gross 55,220
>
> Tire size, rear 9.00 x 20, Front - 12.00 x 20 ( This would be for the converter dolly )
>
> Towing vehicle to be used: truck, 6 ton, 6x6, or tractor
>
> There is more but just by the mentioned 17 feet of working deck and that my manual shows 204 inches deck length
>
> and 112 inches wide. You do the math.
>
> I could try to scan the page but I fear it would break the spine of my manual to get all the information readable.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Jim Wiehe
> j.wiehe@sympatico.ca

Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted