Military Vehicles, November 1996,: Re: CDL Licensing

Re: CDL Licensing
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 01:23:49 -0500

I just went thru this BS myself. In CA you need a class B lic for anything
with air brakes, even if it is only 2 axle. To register your truck, take the
bill of sale to DMV and ask for a historical vehicle license application. You
may also need to have the VIN verified by a DMV employee or police officer.
The historical license is a $25 one time fee, in addition to the lowest
regular registration. You will also have to pay the regular registration each
year, about $27. With the Historical Vehicle plate you are exempt from the
weight fees, and some minor vehicle equipment requirements. Anthing older
than '65 should not need a smog cert, for now. You can only drive to or from
exhibitions, parades, shows, club meetings, or related functions. This may
also make your insurance cheaper.
Good Luck!