Military Vehicles, December 1996,: Re: Military Vehicle Vendors and Parts Sources

Re: Military Vehicle Vendors and Parts Sources

Mark R. (gloryhunter@rapidnet.com)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 19:06:00 -0500

MAJ wrote:

> I am surprised at the number of members of this list that appear to be
> military vehicle owners/restorers and also appear to be neither members
> of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association nor subscribers to the
> Military Vehicle Magazine. I personally don't know how you could ever
> own, much less restore a vehicle without at least one of these.

Right now I haven't had a need to belong to the MVPA or subscribe to MV
Magizine. There are no local MVPA chapters or clubs. The closest area
that would have one would be Denver, Colo and that is still 8-10 hours
away. I can't see spending that much and only getting a fration of the
benefits. Granted, the "how-to's", part resources, etc would be helpful
but, having been a mechanic in the US Army for 10 yrs and having
restored early civilian jeeps I'm fairly capable at what I'm doing.

Mark