Military Vehicles, December 1996,: Re: M29 WEASEL TRACKS ?

Re: M29 WEASEL TRACKS ?

Lida L. Bensinger (mitymite@juno.com)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 20:47:33 EST

I'd say more than hard to find, more like impossible! The key is "usable"
tracks. You are better off rebuilding your old tracks. We're completing a
weasel rebuild now and have left the tracks for last. The prospect of
grinding and punching out 1000 rivets and replacing them with bolts does
not excite us. The idea is to put 3/8 to 1/2" used conveyer belt material
under the bands to take the stress. New belting will stretch.

D & L Bensinger mitymite@juno.com
2442 Main St.
Narvon, PA 17555
Phone/FAX (610) 286-9545