Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: MB 130555

Re: MB 130555

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 21:33:08 +0100

john edwards wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I thought that this range of chassis was very close to ours in
> Australia. We had a very early shipment that landed here in July 1942.
> It would appear that your jeep MB 130555, may have been in the same yard
> as our first 500 jeeps. We has 130554 & 130556. Small world!
>
> Regards,
>
> John E

Hi John,

Very interesting story, if 130555 was delivered overthere, it made
quite a journey.
Would be nice to find the full story someday, wonder if someone can
check it. There has to be someone who has access to certain
documentation or files about the deliveries back then.
If you have 130554 and 130556, then you could probably tell Maurice
the registration number on the hood or a manufacturing date.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra