Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: Any U.S. Importers, I have a question

Re: Any U.S. Importers, I have a question

cat@methow.com
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 21:39:28 -0830

At 23:56 1/10/97, Tanker06@aol.com wrote:
>I have a question for any importers here in the States,
>who deal in shipping various motorvehicles into the
>U.S......snipped.....

Jerry,

Basically you were given some distorted info.. You have to apply for a BATF
permit.. have a squeeky clean record.. and be open for their inspection..
And it takes a long time to get the permit.. but is not impossible to get
if you meet their requirements... With permit in hand you can import What
Ever The 'Ell you want.. Armored from any Country that is selling...

When we brought the Ferret through Customs into the US from Canada, it was
a BREEZE as soon as the agent saw the BATF permit.. He didn't even look at
the rest of the papers.. He even came out and climbed all through it and
had fun..

Good Luck.. It pays to import your own if you can get the paperwork
straightened out...

/\
/ \
--- ---