Military Vehicles, January 1997,: Re: WC-63 restoration project- feasible??

Re: WC-63 restoration project- feasible??

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:08:40 -0800

Tanker06@aol.com wrote:

> I was thinking while at work tonight (yes, I know that
> thinking is dangerous sometimes :>), and was wondering:
>
> I can probably pick up the WC-63 chassis that I
> mentioned in an earlier post today for next to nothing. I like
> the way that the 62/63 series look, but I've never seen one
> for sale, in any condition, for any price. (At least in this
> area, where it'd be worth my $$ to look into it.) Would it
> be worth picking up the chassis, since the frame, drivetrain,
> etc. is basically intact, and restore that, then "part" one
> together?
> I've seen in a reference or two on the Dodge WC-series,
> that the vast majority of parts for the 62/63 trucks were the
> same as the rest of the series. Is this true? Does anyone have
> a reference book that they could tell me of (and a source to
> buy this book) on which parts were interchangeable? Yes, it'd
> be a hell of a project, but I've wasted time on worse things
> before! :)
>
> Jerry

There is a Dodge WC parts interchange manual available. It lists EVERY
part used by the WC series and what model it was used on. I wouldn't
attempt a WC resto without it. I believe Vintage Power Wagons has a
reprint available for about $75.00 it's a little steep but you might
find it through another source. i have a friend thats putting a WC-62
together making one good one from approx. six vehicles!! So it can be
done. The hard part to find is the correct bed that isn't trashed.

Tony Standefer