Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: GPW parts

Re: GPW parts

Bill Kish (kish@browncow.com)
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 07:31:43 -0500

Michael Meister wrote:

> 1) I am looking for ORIGINAL FORD SCRIPT BO driving light housing, skid
> plate, 3-bolt spare tire mount, and filterette cover.

Hi Mike,

Could you specify the S/N or Date of the GPW in question? Note that
early GPWs (Before mid-late '42) did not come from the factory with a
BO drive light, there was a retrofit kit that was available which
included the "U" shaped guard you have likely seen. This guard was not
"F" marked. Also, there are 3 types of filterette that were used.

-BK