Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: GPW parts

Re: GPW parts

Michael Meister (mike@agen.tamu.edu)
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 07:52:16 -0600 (CST)

OK My GPW has a 4-43 DOD and the filterette make I can't determine,
except that the cover I need would have to have two bolt holes in it for
attaching to the filterette ( I know at least one brand only had one
attachment point.)

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Bill Kish wrote:

> Michael Meister wrote:
> >
> > 1) I am looking for ORIGINAL FORD SCRIPT BO driving light housing, skid
> > plate, 3-bolt spare tire mount, and filterette cover.
> >

> Hi Mike,
>
> Could you specify the S/N or Date of the GPW in question? Note that
> early GPWs (Before mid-late '42) did not come from the factory with a
> BO drive light, there was a retrofit kit that was available which
> included the "U" shaped guard you have likely seen. This guard was not
> "F" marked. Also, there are 3 types of filterette that were used.
>
> -BK

Michael Meister "Give me an army of West Point
Class of 1997 (WHOOP!) graduates and I'll win a battle;
Department of Agricultural Engineering Give me a handful of Texas
Texas A&M University Aggies and I'll win a war."
College Station, Texas
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
http://www.agen.tamu.edu/~mike
mike@agen.tamu.edu