Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: WHeels

Re: WHeels

Gary Douglas Akerman (gakerma@emory.edu)
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 18:45:30 -0500 (EST)

i have the 11x20's on my deuce. they allow me to cruise comfortable at
55-60 mph and are fine overall. the only problem i have run across is
when off-roading. if you torque the system much by nosing down hard or
twisting the frame, you will rub the tire into the bumper. i accidentily
locked the two together once while coming down a hill. had to pu tit in
reverse and force them apart. i have a few small gouges in the tires
because of it. to avoid this, you can either chop off the 3-4 inches on
the outer edge of the bumper (not my favorite choice), add a good sized
spacer between the bumper and the chasis, or live with it (my choice).
doug