Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: Insurance premiums

Re: Insurance premiums

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 21:00:25 +0100

Richard Evans wrote:

> MV people,
>
> With the talk about insurance for MVs I was wondering what sort of
> premiums people pay around the world. In the UK it seems MV
> insurance is cheap compared to the cost of insurance for a family
> car.
>
> A recent quote for a military 6x6 truck in the UK was around 50 pounds
> (thats about 80 dollars) per year. This was with unlimited mileage,
> though with petrol consumption costing the owner around 1 pound
> (1.6 dollars), per mile, the insurance company can be pretty sure
> you're not going to run up a high mileage!
>
> How does this compare with the rest of the world ?
>
> richard e.
>
> Richard H. Evans R&D Engineer
>
> Mail: BBC R&D Department, Kingswood Warren, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 6NP
> Tel: +44 1737 836678
> Fax: +44 1737 836667
> e-mail: richard.evans@rd.bbc.co.uk

Hi Richard,

For my '41 GMC 2.5 ton , I pay DFL 113 ( about 60 dollars ) a year,
for my '44 GPW I pay DFL 131 ( 70 dollars) a year. The insurance
is based on 10000 kilometers per year. Fuel is DFL 2.10 per liter
( about 1.2 dollars ). We pay no tax for historic vehicles.
I live in the Netherlands. No reason for me to complain after reading
Joseph Anders's mail.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra