Military Vehicles, February 1997,: Re: M151-A2 aren't welcome in M

Re: M151-A2 aren't welcome in M

Tony Standefer (WillysJeep@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:20:39 -0800

Jim Leonard wrote:

> Did you see it? In the February issue of Supply Line, Page 2 of 2, the
> Convention Issue. Stuck in among the type on the page.
>
> "M151A2's AND HUMMERS WILL NOT BE JUDGED"
>
> ??????????? WHY NOT ?????????
>
> Are these vehicles now "OUTCAST" and "OUTLAW" vehicles?
>
> What about "Legal Title" and State Titled, Bill of Sale vehicles.
>
> You can't exclude these vehicles when some members have paid thousands of
> dollars to "Restore" them.
>
> Whose ruling was this, any members on the board own 151's or Hummers?
>
> This needs to be recended........
>
> Jim

Jim

I think it was terrible what has been done to M151 and HUMMV owners by
the MVPA. This problem with the government and these vehicles was being
researched by Wayne Anthony Ross of Alaska. The board/officers
arbitrarily decided to put this policy into affect without letting Mr.
Ross finish his research. (Mr. Ross is a attorney). This along with
other reasons is why two of our board members recently resigned.
(including Mr. Ross) Your local chapter officers should have more
information regarding their resignation or let me know and I will fill
you in.

Tony Standefer
1944 Willys
Seattle, Wa