Military Vehicles, March 1997,: Re: M22 Locust Hulls

Re: M22 Locust Hulls

Rick Green (rgreen@mail.datasys.net)
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 14:50:11 -0500

Gordon.W.I. McMillan wrote:

> Complete blank this end, just looking them up in Crismon's U.S.
> Military Tracked Vehicles (highly reccomended along with the Wheeled
> counterpart) only tells us they were Marmon-Herrington products, T9E1 /
> M22 total of 830 built between April 43 and February 44. They were
> used primarily by the British (it says) though I have never run across
> one. If any survive in the UK the Tank Museum at Bovington would be
> the place.
>
> The turret was used on the 1940 DHT-5 half track by Marmon-Herrington
> too, but that never got beyond the prototype.
> Gordon 8-)
Forgot look in the most recent Military Vehicles Mag in the article
about the Military Mue=seum of Southern New England. They have one
coming out of a glider. Great pic. jason