Military Vehicles, May 1997,: Re: [MV] no spark?

Re: [MV] no spark?

Morten K. Agerup Myhr (mmyhr@sn.no)
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:06:12 +0200

Hayes-Holgate, Shaun wrote:

> hey friends. i just replaced the points and condensor on my m-43
> and set the gap at .020
> but it aint sending a spark to the plugs. if i sand the shine
> off the new points to ensure a
>
> proper spark will that make a difference?
> thanx .
>
> ===
I doubt this is where yr problem really is. Anyhow, sanding the contact
areas will not improve the spark, whether the points are new or used.
The thing is to have a maximum contact area. This u normally have when
they are unused, a n d if u let the build-up on one of the sides just
like it is. The build-up and cavity on the other side fit like the
famous hand in the glove... If u file down the build-up, u actually
reduce the contact area.

Oh well, this didn't solve yr problem, but might be of help anyway.

Have a nice, od day!

--
                                  )))