Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Restoring a Jerry Can?

Re: [MV] Restoring a Jerry Can?

Dan Schultz (schultz@inficad.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 10:57:15 -0700

I have some gas cans from the early 50's with rust inside that I have used
for years with no ill effects (other than having to clean out my gas
filter a few times in the last 10 or so years). You can take it to a
radiator shop and have it boiled out, or you can use a gas tank sealer. You
simply pour it in and slosh it around until it is completely coated, then
pour out the excess. This will even seal up small leaks! There is a
military version available but I don't have the stock number at hand--maybe
someone else out there might know.
Hope this helps,
Dan Schultz
Mesa, AZ