Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] no spark?

Re: [MV] no spark?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torfinn_S=F8rnes?= (tsornes@online.no)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:34:40 +0200

Hayes-Holgate, Shaun wrote:

> hey friends. i just replaced the points and condensor on my m-43
> and set the gap at .020
> but it aint sending a spark to the plugs. if i sand the shine
> off the new points to ensure a
>
> proper spark will that make a difference?
> thanx .

If you only replaced the points and the condensor, and the ignition system
worked before you replaced them, then either the condensor or the points
are the problem. Use an ohm meter to check the condensor. The reading
should be high (infinite and not zero). If this is ok, then check the gap
of the points. The gap should open to the set value and then close
completely. You have to set the gap when the edge of the cams in the
distributor, is on top, so that the gap will vary between 0 and 0.020.

Regards
Torfinn Sornes
42 Ford GPW