Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Restoring a Jerry Can?

Re: [MV] Restoring a Jerry Can?

Dan Schultz (schultz@inficad.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:44:20 -0700

I just bought two more spouts from Col. Bubbies Strand Surplus in
Galveston, TX. These are new GI issue, clamp in type, for $14.95 each.
Their 24 hour toll free order number is: (800)231-6005. I left my cans
OD and have had no problem even driving to work every day!
Regards,
Dan Schultz
Mesa,AZ

----------
> From: Jason Caniglia <caniglia@saintmarys.edu>
> To: Dan Schultz <schultz@inficad.com>
> Subject: Re: [MV] Restoring a Jerry Can?
> Date: Monday, June 02, 1997 11:30 AM
>

> Dan,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know where I could purchase a pouring
> spout for a Jerry Can? I have seen several holders advertised but I have
> not seen any funnels or spouts for these military cans. By the way, did
> you have to paint yours red to comply with Federal regulations or did you

> paint them the same color as you vehicle?
>
> Jason
> 97 TJ Sport Jeep
>
> On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Dan Schultz wrote:
>
> > I have some gas cans from the early 50's with rust inside that I have
used
> > for years with no ill effects (other than having to clean out my gas
> > filter a few times in the last 10 or so years). You can take it to a
> > radiator shop and have it boiled out, or you can use a gas tank sealer.
You