Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Re: State Farm Insurance?

Re: [MV] Re: State Farm Insurance?

Buettner Family (buettner@dataex.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:44:55 -0500 (CDT)

At 01:53 PM 6/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been following the insurance thread every since I got on the list
>and would like to make some comments and ask some questions.
>
>I have had more than usual trouble getting my M725 ambulance that I
>bought at the Dallas MVPA 2 years ago insured. The guy I bought it from
>had State Farm but it was listed as a pickup. My Farm Bureau agent was
>going to write it up as a van, but I had been looking at antique car
>insurance and asked if Farm Bureau had an antique rate. When my agent
>asked the home office for a rate on an antique military ambulance, the
>response was that; "Ambulances are on the banned list and we cannot
>insure it at all." Any discussion of use, speed, no siren or red lights
>etc brought the same response.

Well, my understanding is that most insurance companies think that
if you have an ambulance you are going to use it as such, there fore the
don't want to be responsibble. There are certain companies that "specalize"
in emergency vehicle coverage.

Sincerely,
Robert Buettner

|God and a Soldier all people adore |
|in time of war but not before; |
|and when war is over and all things righted, |
|God is neglected and an old soldier is slighted.|
|The Buettner Family buettner@dataex.com |