Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Ben Hughes (ben@hughesbros.com)
18 Jun 1997 10:24:34 U

Reply to: RE>>[MV] M37/M715 debate
These light hearted debates are a hoot. I look forward to them every day. I have
owned M37's for 20 years and now have an M43. I absolutely love these trucks,
but I only really USED the first one when I lived in the mountains of Eastern
Washington. The subsequent trucks have been kind of "babied". I always leave 'em
stock, or at least don't make any un-alterable changes for the next owner.

I've also had a thing for the M715's since I saw my first one in 1980. They
don't seem competitively priced with the M37's in this neck of the sticks, so
I've never owned one. From what I've seen Dave has a lot of fun with his 715 and
this is what it's all about.

Ben Hughes
M43B1
Nebraska

--------------------------------------
Date: 6/18/97 10:15 AM
To: Ben Hughes
From: Steven P. Allen
At 07:28 PM 6/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Help! I'm being attacked by the Allen Clan!!
>
> We also have the private right to state those likes and
>dislikes, so start punching those keys and let's hear them.
>
>Dave in Flagstaff,AZ.,USA
>M715-Kaiser-Jeep, the finest MV ever built (subject for review)
>M274-Willys Mule, ----well, a mule is a mule.
>
>Dave,

No need to dig a fox-hole! I promise not to push my attacks anymore. In
fact, I felt rather on the defensive myself! You're sure right about a lot
of things, especially about how useful and fun this list is. It's been said
before, but we all owe Arthur a big THANKS for making this possible.

Steve Allen