Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Re: [MV] M37/M715 debate

Walter Keller (tokarev@earthlink.net)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 18:47:30 -0400

Jeff Polidoro wrote:

> Jim Allen wrote:
>
> > The guy who has the title has the final word!. We may or may not like
> > what he does, or how he does it but as long as this is a free country,
> > we'll have to choke it down. 'Course we are free to verbally abuse them
> > unmercifully on the internet!!!
>
> This is certainly true. I, actually, view the modifiers/customizers as a
> good source of original parts. At least they interact with their vehicles,
> get some use out of them, stimulate the economy and make their cast-off
> parts available for restorers.
>
> What really torques me are the guys with 10 or so vehicles stored outside,
> rusting away. When you inquire about one of particular interest (rare or
> low serial number), they're "gonna restore it". Some of these guys are in
> their 70s, have never restored anything in their entire life (usually don't
> even cut the grass) but somehow they're gonna finish strong... come up with
> the ambition, money and know how to restore 10 vehicles in their last year
> on earth. Yeah, right.
>
> I feel better now,
>
> JP
>

> ===

> ===
> JP,
You couldnt have said it better - I have watched a M151A1 since the
early 1970's sitting in a yard rotting - the owner will not sell it and
I have only seen it drivrn once in all those years - pasted by it
yesterday and the shrine is still there. Yes we do live in a free
country (thank God) but it is such a shame to see a MUTT that was a
beautiful vehicle rott in the weather.
Walter Keller