Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Military Vehicle Preservation

Re: [MV] Military Vehicle Preservation

bdk (bdk@geocities.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:56:31 -0700

>RKiser8375@aol.com wrote:
>What I would suggest is that the MVPA
> officially discourage these practices and offer to purchase the vehicles from
> individuals. The vehciles that the MVPA buys could then be resold through a
> GSA/DRMO-type auction to MVPA members, with a stipulation that the vehicles
> must never be torched or scrapped, no parts will ever be thrown away, and the
> vehicles must be garaged. Anyone that violated the MVPA preservation rules
> would lose their MVPA membership and not be allowed to participate in future
> MVPA auctions. The profits from these auctions could be used to save and
> restore more vehicles for auction.
>
> I'm sure I'll get a lot of heat for this one. Let me know what y'alls
> thoughts are.
>
> Rob Kiser
> '52 M37

Maybe you should offer to purchase all those vehicles and resell them.
It sounds like a good business. I don't want my annual dues to skyrocket
so that the MVPA can "save" every CUCV ever made! Who would capitalize
this program? Who would be the garage police? Maybe this requires a
government agency...... :-)