Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] Query

Re: [MV] Query

Antoine Compin (antoine@USA.net)
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:57:00 -0700

Douglas, you're not alone! Although I am French, i got hit with
an...Italian version of what you have experienced. It was (still is)
milder, since it only shows up in the printing dialog boxes on all programs
run under Windows 95...Oh well..go figure..I thought it was better to leave
it alone...
Regards

At 11:12 AM 6/28/97 +0930, Douglas Greville wrote:
>Last night (25/6/97 Australia) I pulled in my email and then moved
>on to www on several military sites, mostly U.S. Signal Corp.
>
>When I went to save some graphics to my \Temp directory I
>discovered that I had been hit at some time during that session.
>
>My \Temp directory had ~30 directories under it all in French
>Language, the terms I did recognise were Chars (tanks) etc, all
>had a military French theme. My existing sub-directories had all
>been re-assigned garbage names as had all the files in them.
>File size information was ludicrous such as 1 file of 750 meg
>and another of 500meg (greater than the previously remaining
>free space on my hard disk).
>
>My Virus checker kept locking up.
>
>I eventually succeeded in deleting the entire contents of the
>\Temp directory, but it was not easy as I kept getting error
>messages as to "file does not exist" and "file name has been
>changed" and "incorrect disk inserted" (on my hard disk).
>
>My virus checker now reports everything OK. Not that it ever
>said there was a virus.
>
>I did not at any time go anywhere near a French language site.
>Nor do I recall seeing anything download to my computer.
>
>Anyone have any clues as to what the heck happened?
>
>Doug
>--
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>M8 & Other Armoured Vehicles
> _______
> _/_(_o_)_\_
> _/|___|_|___|\_