Military Vehicles, June 1997,: Re: [MV] 1945 MB Combat Rims

Re: [MV] 1945 MB Combat Rims

Antoine Compin (antoine@USA.net)
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:40:23 -0700

At 08:14 AM 6/28/97 -0400, Jeff Polidoro wrote:
>Almost there, Antoine,
>
>Think you might need one more sentence to make it clear that the exception
>applies only to MBs as all GPWs, even prior to May 42, had combat rims.

Right again Jeff!
Oh well I'll eat [the] crow[-bar] it took me to pry these @!5&!ng split
rims open...
I still have three solid wheels back in Normandy. two came with my Jeep
trailer and the third one was the spare on my Jeep when it came out of
French Army surplus... I had to replace these perfectly good solid rims by
so-so combat ones...Arrgh!
Cheers!

Antoine Compin
Sherman Oaks, California