Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] re:DUKW (and CCKW) stuff

Re: [MV] re:DUKW (and CCKW) stuff

Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@pi.net)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:17:54 -0700

> Head gasket failures? Caused by overheating and followed by warping the head?

Mike,

Overheating doesn't have to be a problem with the DUKW as long as you
have the engine compartment properly sealed, and the engine cooling
channels working like they should. Also the air circulation has to
work properly (don't let your whole family and all your friends stand on
the air intake grilles). If your DUKW is equipped with an auxiliary air
scoop located directly in front of the windshield (in the engine hatch)
you can open that one if it really gets hot. We drove for 2 days in
33 degrees C. last year and we had no problem.
For the axle part, Gordon told it all.

Well, I'm off for a few days, there seems to be a big MV show somewhere
in the U.K. and I'm going to take a look.

Regards,

Auke Dijkstra
Haaksbergen
The Netherlands Europe