Military-Vehicles: [MV] Re: M-1009 Blazer

[MV] Re: M-1009 Blazer

Doug (geo@cybermax.net)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:46:45 -0400

Sean wrote:

>I had also heard that the military Blazers were rated at 3/4 tons,
>but it appears it has the 6 stud wheel pattern, 10 bolt differential 1/2
ton
>axles. Is the rating a result of the springs?

It's true, Sean. Much to my dismay the M1009 CUCV Blazer was produced with
semi-floating Corporate rear axles that are analogous to the civilian
1/2-ton pickup rears. The M1008 et.al. were at least assembled with
full-floaters.

Remember, these were obtained by the government for "command and control,"
not heavy-duty haulin' and brawlin'.

-doug
Jacksonville, FL