Military-Vehicles: [MV] Re: German tank

[MV] Re: German tank

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Torfinn_S=F8rnes?= (tsornes@online.no)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:25:03 +-200

R. Notton wrote:
>I think we all wish you the best of luck in a quest for a German WWII =
Tank.

>Do remember that the end of their service came on May 7, 1945 at 2:41am =
by
>which time the vast majority had already been destroyed, those =
remaining
>were quickly rendered seriously inoperative by the allied forces and =
there
>was an urgent need to render the "swords to

Same thing happened with much of the german war material. Brand new =
german fighter aircraft were used as landfill in Norway after the war. =
They were actually run over by a bulldozer. I guess the norwegian forces =
had plenty of us and english built aircraft at that time.

Regards=20
Torfinn Sornes