Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] RE brake lines

Re: [MV] RE brake lines

Underground Utilities - Tom Chism (tchism@terraworld.net)
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 21:53:39 -0500

When I replaced my brake lines, the parts store loaned the double flare
tool free for 2 days. I bought premade lines slightly longer than original
and cut one end to length. Not real expensive and saved some time by only
have to flare one end.

As far as replacement hoses a good "mom and pop" parts store (hard to find
these days) should be able to match one up in a brake catalog.

Good Luck!

Tom
----------
> From: Michael Meister <mike@agen.tamu.edu>
> To: CHAZ <chaz.mackenzie@virgin.net>
> Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com
> Subject: Re: [MV] RE brake lines
> Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 9:00 PM
>
>-- if you decide to make
> your own lines, be sure to purchase a double-lap flaring tool, and not
> the single-lap tool used for general purpose flaring. Again, this is
> for safety reasons. A double-lap will stand up to hard braking, where
> single-lap may not.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
>
> On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, CHAZ wrote:
>
> > Hi , several people have mentioned not to use copper brake lines . In
Scotland