Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] CARC paint

Re: [MV] CARC paint

Jim Rice (jimrice@iamerica.net)
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 23:03:49 -0500

Chemical Agen Resistant Coating (CARC). The purpose is a very hard
non-porous surface into which chemical agents cannot quickly nor easily
penetrate. In effect, it is a very tough polyurethane derivative.

IT IS HAZARDOUS TO YOU HEALTH in either vapor or dust. Exercise
caution. When we switched to CARC, we could no longer spot paint our
vehicles as "way back when".

In sixteen years in the Army, I've never heard of CARC being to
disipate heat. Of course, I am still learning new things everyday.

Jim Rice