Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] To Ron, RE: waterproof

Re: [MV] To Ron, RE: waterproof

Lee Phillips (lee_phillips@rccgw.chinalake.navy.mil)
20 Aug 1997 07:51:43 -0700

I agree. Having a pristeen restoration is awork of art, a labor of love, =
and something neat. Next to that, having something that's been repaired =
with a solid (if not stock, or approved by depot level maintenance) fix =
is infinitely preferable to 'original' rust holes. Not everyone has the =
skill or resources to make a perfect restoration. This is a hobby, not a =
religion. (Or, at least, it is with me). People do it for recreation and =
enjoyment. Do whatever it is that floats YOUR boat.

Lee
------------------------------
Date: 8/19/97 8:44 PM
To: Phillips, Lee
From: SBJohnston@aol.com

Todd Paisley wrote:

>Do you have to use screen? Could you use chicken wire or
>maybe some old twigs or strips of bark? Do you apply the
>deck sealer with a broom or mop? I'll have to check with
> Jerry Cleveland on what is considered acceptable for judging.

Wow! Easy, man. Consider for a moment... perhaps not everyone has the =
same
goals as you do for their military vehicles. You are quick to criticize
sealing up a rusty floor on the basis of how far it is from show-quality, =
but
I would assume the target of your attack isn't aiming for the artificial
standard of show awards. In the practical world of old vehicle rescue =
and
use, keeping his floor dry is a useful improvement to the vehicle.

Steve Johnston

sbjohnston@aol.com

=3D=3D=3D

From: SBJohnston@aol.com