Military-Vehicles: RE: [MV] Ethanol vs fuel pumps

RE: [MV] Ethanol vs fuel pumps

Alan Bowes (alan_bowes@phast.com)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 12:23:09 -0600

I don't know how to neutralize/remove ethanol, but here is a suggestion:

Call the local chapter of the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and ask
if they know where to buy alcohol-free gasoline. A lot of experimental
aircraft...and some production aircraft...have STCs (special type
certificates) to run auto gas. As I recall, some of these STCs require the use
of gasoline without any alcohol additives, for the same reason that you don't
want it...dissolving rubber parts in the fuel system. Generally, there are
some distributors or stations in most larger metro areas that sell auto gas
for aircraft use.

That's all I can think of just now.

Alan