Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] MV insurance

Re: [MV] MV insurance

Lee Phillips (lee_phillips@rccgw.chinalake.navy.mil)
26 Sep 1997 15:15:26 -0700

Here in California, the "historic vehicle" plates allow one to drive the =
vehicle "primarily to car shows or other such events". They leave it up =
to any policeman to decide, if in his opinion, there is a violation.

Insurance for a 6X6? Good luck. No insurance, no registration. No can =
drive, either. the fines are more than the value of the truck.

Oh well. It's been sold now.

Lee
------------------------------
Date: 9/26/97 3:04 PM
To: Phillips, Lee
From: Hayes-Holgate, Shaun

Mick O'Farrell writes:

>Which meant I had to get insurance elsewhere and ended up having to pay
>*$800* a year for a 4,000km restricted policy. This on top of another =
$850
>for my regular car insurance?

Damn we got it good up here in Canada! for $270 per year my truck is
insured for fire,theft,and collision.with only one restriction: don't
drive it
to work or school.it seems that the heads at ICBC (our govt. insurance
corporation) realised that if they placed too many restrictions on
having
and operating a vintage vehicle then no one would bother restoring these
historic artifacts.
heres to logical thinking!

Haze
M-43