Military-Vehicles: Re: [MV] M416 Rim Paint

Re: [MV] M416 Rim Paint

Geoff Winnington-Ball (whiskey@netwave.ca)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 01:21:55 -0500

--------------FE4C3A97C095A03542106F17

> You could take it to a sandblasting company and get an estimate,
> perhaps the easiest way if it is cost effective.

In the past I've had alloy motorcycle parts such as engine cases, cylinders
and wheels bead-blasted with a great deal of success; there is generally less
wear than there is with silica, but I imagine the finer grades of silica will
do the job too, especially if there are a great many layers of paint
involved. But get a professional to do it though.

Hope this helps,

Geoff

--------------FE4C3A97C095A03542106F17

begin: vcard