Re: [MV] Ferrets & Slick 50

Stephen Hawkyns (Stephen.Hawkyns@Bigfoot.com)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:20:57 +0930

colin,

The oils with teflon powder dont really do anything to the engine,
except put a teflon powder into the oil. It takes heat of 3000 degrees to
'coat' a metal part with a nonremovable teflon layer, and the engines in
use in cars do not generate this kind of heat. I believe that most of the
tests have shown that alll these additives do is increase wear on the
engine, by clogging u-p microchannels in which oil moves. When the oil is
changed, the powder will be lost, and all that will remain is the harmful
effects of increased engine wear.

The best thing to use, in any engine, is a good quality mineral oil
for break-in, followed by a steady diet of a synthetic oil, such as mobile
1.

Steve