[MV] M38A1RVN

David C. Decker (campdeck@infomagic.com)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:19:11 -0800

J310L@aol.com wrote:

> can anyone tell me if the m38a1 jeep was used in veitnam if it was, up to what
> year was it last used and what branch of service I know the m151a1 was there
> because I drove one over there for approx a year in the ARMY (67)

I saw some M38A1 there in III & IV Corps in 69&70, mostly driven by REMFs
and 'contractor' types. The ARVN had a bunch also. Untill I learned what
they were, I thought they were OD painted CJ-s.& I have also seen video
footage of an wheeled Armored Car, a M10?, in the early sixies. The fact
is, after being at war and occcupied for generations of Chinese, French,
Japan, and the USA excursion, LOTS of different stuff ended up there, all
over the place. My LOACH unit found a Bulldog tank hidden in the woods in
69! I can only guess at what can be found as far as 'interesting'
equipment found in RVN today. I can guarantee you one thing: I ain't
going to go look.

Dave in Flagstaff
x/spec,M48A3&OH6A