Re: [MV] Proper Color for Vietnam Era M-151A1

Glenn Shaw (dogstar@gis.net)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:53:13 -0500

Hi,
Actually the US Army paint color for M series including M151
during Vietnam era was a paint we used which was color code
24084. Was a semi-gloss OD green, high volatile content,
high lead content, slow drying alkyd based enamel. Not
legal to sell anymore. I found some old original stuff and
am painting an M151A2 right now with it. Modern 24087 which
mostly is found as an acrylic enamel is a close
approximation although it has a slightly brownish tint to it
compared to the original green. For those who have access
to the mil inventory occassionally you can still get 24084
through the system, since some still exists in mil
wharehouses. Spraying it with an old style gun rather than
the new EPA HVLP equipment will of course according to
ecoterroristas cause the ozone layer to fold, sky to fall,
and universe to implode such as when I spray 383 CARC !!!

Glenn
MVPA
M38A1, M151A2, M998, GAZ 67B Trailer