Re: [MV] '63 Jeep (M38?)

gbb@creighton.edu
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 9:30:59 CST

Well, I'd think looking at the dash board would be a dead give away.
Also, CJ-5 had a tailgate, spare had to go on the side instead of
back. M38-A1 had a large 3" or so filler cap. If you can lift the
hood look for sealed engine, that is EVERYTHING is vented to the
sealed intake. Even the floatbowl of the carb has a brass tube
that runs to the breather. Distributer has an aliminum box around
it with the coil inside and threaded ports for the spark plug
wire to thread onto, etc, etc, etc.
jorge