Re: [MV] Source for seals?

Brian Wedekind (wizard1@erie.net)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:03:12 -0400

Oddball seals are usually easily available from a bearing dealer. The
kind of supply house that sells ball and roller bearings for industrial
use. They usually don't have cross references for vehicles, so measure
the diameter of the shaft, the OD of the hole, and the thickness of the
seal casing. And always take the old seal with you. I have had seals
matched up to some very unusual things by my local suppply house. They
are also great for finding odd bearings, as most bearings in vehicles
are actually industrial types.