Re: [MV] Annual Convention at Tobyhanna comments

Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:03:00 +0930

Tom

> want to think that there is a "trash collection" service at the
> rallies. Some of the sites I saw as I departed late Sat night
> were a
> mess with styrofoam, plastic and cardboard around the sites. I
> club members have to go through this every year.

I find this very curious. Having been twice to the EAA Air Show at
Oshkosh, during the 1980's, we were absolutely amazed at the civic pride
shown. At the end of each day the announcer would ask
over the public address system for everyone to have a look around them
and pick up any litter. We always had a hard time finding any!
This is with between 1/2 million and 1 million people on the airfield.
Australians can only dream of this sort of conduct.
The Flea Market area, although very crowded was always clean.

Maybe the MVPA needs to issue a few threats to the culprits concerned,
about their conduct; a threat to double their site fees in order to
fund a clean up service ort to do the trick.

Another remarkable example of American civic pride is both the Disney
theme parks, I do realise that in this case there are people employed
to constantly pick up any litter, at Oshkosh there was a continuing
bin emptying work gang so that the bins did not overflow, but they were
not there to pick up litter.

Regards
Doug

Armoured Vehicles Collector
_______
_/_(_o_)_\_ ____
_/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
/ [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
|w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
M8 Ferret

dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: http://Fast.to/DG