[MV] GPW Serial number questions

Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 04:33:04 +0000

>From: TGlance@prodigy.com (MR TIMOTHY R GLANCE)
>Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 00:08:24, -0500
>To: mil-veh@skylee.com
>Subject: [MV] GPW Serial number questions
>Sender: owner-Mil-Veh@skylee.com
>
>Just cleaned off the frame on my friends GPW tonight (just as we got
>back from the Helen show) as well as the data plates and found the
>following numbers:
>
>Frame GPW (arrow) 13812*
>
>Data plate 93812 dod 1-22-43

Everything you see on yours I have found on many others... too bad he doesnt
want to sell that rear seat!!
My GPW is #87638 dod date 12-23-42, another I have found is #128556
7/43... looks like your friends is right where it should be in that
range.... you should find f scripts inside the tool box lids on the lock
catches, on the grab handles, foot rests and the headlamd assy parts and
blackout lights... (just to name a few!!)

Good Luck!!
Jess Minton
Arlington, TX