Re: [MV] RHD - Postal Jeeps?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:17:11 -0500 (CDT)

>Here in southern New Jersey, the independent rural mail carriers that
>contract to deliver the mail have to supply their own vehicles. It is very
>common to see RHD Jeeps in use

Funny this should come up. Just yesterday I was refueling at the gas
station when a RHD Cherokee drove up to the next island. I asked the guy
where he got a RHD from and he said the dealer. He delivers papers or
something like that. He said he just walked into the dealer and ordered a
new Cherokee but with RHD and it didn't cost much more than a LHD. He said
many vehicles can be ordered this way (in the USA). Never heard of such a
thing and I'm not dreaming, it was a new jeep Cherokee with a local dealers
tag on it and the steering wheel and all related stuff on the right side.
Learn something new every day.

je